Monday, October 26, 2009

Acitivities on 25-Oct-2009 pre lunch


Dear All,


I was very happy and excited to go to IGIA on Sunday. The reason for this excitement is that this is my first opportunity related to my MBA. Yes! I had to handle PU I students on Accounts, Business and Economics. All were my MBA subjects.

On Sunday (25-Oct-2009), I got up at around 4:30 am and started to prepare the introduction of Economics, the first chapter of their book/ syllabus. I was able to prepare the entire 50 pages in less than an hour’s time!!!

No one else were to join me, I went all alone and I didn’t find anything odd or felt bad about my lone travel. I reached IGIA at 9:20 and informed Sridhar that I reached.

I met Kokilavani and asked about PUI students. She immediately asked PU I people to assemble in a class room. When I was waiting for the students to come, IX and X students came and were asking when they have their maths class and why didn’t others come. This showed their real interest. We all collectively can make them great with their interest.

I started the class for XI commerce. I had to tell them about various economies, what is economics, why do we need to study on economy, business/ trade cycles etc. The entire 5 girls were attentive, but this time the guys didn’t show up much interest. I stopped teaching economics though I was forced by the girls. We started to discuss on general topic like aadhavan, sports, films etc. but still, the guys couldn’t show up their full interest.

The girls group of 5 insisted on proceeding with the lesson. A girl called Sudharshana sang “nenjae nenjae” song for us. Her voice was too sweet. When enquired, I was told that she likes to sing and dance rather than studying. She wants to come up high in this field. She insisted UWF to make something on that front. After this the guys left the class room. I had to interact with the girl students.

I was guiding them on how to give a speech, body language points etc. They were very much interested in improving their English knowledge. They wanted me to come back in the evening after the X classes were over. They wanted to have a GD. I feel sad that I couldnt meet them again on Sunday as it was too late when I started from there.

Speaking to them, I got the following inputs:
1. The girl students wanted to subscribe to an English Newspaper, which would be read by only them
2. They wanted to go for an outing.
3. They need Dance classes
4. They are very much happy if we conduct English improvement classes.

A girl called Bhavya had hit her right hand against a moving car and she was not able to place her palm flat on the bench. I gave her the volini pain relief spray that I had and she had a temporary relief. The doctor had injected her and given some tablets which were of no use. In the same way, Sharmila had fever, but was given a paracetamol tablet and injection. They were not happy with the doctor’s prescription. Hope we people can help them on medical grounds.
And after this, we broke for lunch at 1:15 pm. Though I was invited for lunch, I went out to have dosa.

I will discuss about my post lunch session with X standard in my next thread...

Regards,
Anup

No comments: